Thursday 10 February 2011

What are the best MountainBikes for under 1000?

I am a bit of a flabby internet geek.  Having spent the last 7 years of my carreer in the video games media business (yes that is a real job) I have decided to try my hand at something new.  I am now a publisher of not one but two cycling websites.

Small issue though is that the last bike I owned looked like this:


I am now 34 years old and have been reliably informed (by many friends) that I am a little to old for the new wave punk, skater boy look that I hold dear.  Also that the music I think of as new wave; PennyWise, The Offspring, Terrorvision, Blink 182 and early Green Day is decidedly old wave and considered by some to be retro.

This means that I need to move on and buy a new bike and apparently I can't have this one either;


So how much should a grown man of a certain age now spend on a mountain bike?  According to my colleagues and friends the answer is up to £2,000!!!  I have since done a little independent research and found a few mountian bikes for both gents and ladies that are under £1,000.  Some of the best can be found here Best Mountain Bikes under £1000

That only begs the question now of where to buy my shining new steed.  I am as yet undecided to I go for price (buy online) or service my local bike dealership.  I will be sure to let you know as I continue my apprenticeship in cycling.

"Seriously though who spends £2000 on a push bike?"

No comments:

Post a Comment